Translate This Page

Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese
Simplified
Select Language:

Top Blogs

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

AddThis Feed Button

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sony VAIO TZ150N Laptop Review

I purchased the Sony VAIO TZ150N to replace my outdated desktop and after only a couple of weeks, I'm coming to realise it's been the best purchase I have made in quite a long time. As a first time expensive computer buyer, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect when I first purchased the laptop. I’ve come to find that the Sony VAIO TZ150N is top of the line in just about every way, including speed, power, and appearance.


Processor Brand: Intel
Processor Class: Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 1.06 GHz
Mobile Technology: Intel Centrino Duo
Installed Memory: 1 GB
Hard Drive Capacity: 100 GB
Display Size: 11.1 in
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Business
Weight: 2.6 lbs



The Sony VAIO TZ150N’s design is what catches your eye to begin with. It’s has a wonderful look that really draws the eye. Unlike a lot of computers today, this one is slim and light. It seems like Sony has taken the initiative to join in with the rest of the computer makers who are offering slim computers. I’ve discovered that this one is not all flash, though. There are some big time features, as well. .


The first thing that caught my eye was the excellent battery life. On average, the battery lasts for close to four hours, so you never have to worry about your machine dying at the worst time. This was a draw for me, since my old computer had chronic battery problems. In addition, I appreciate the added performance that I get out of the machine. It comes equipped with 1GB of ram and has an Intel Core 2 Duo, which makes it one of the most powerful machines on the market. .


The fringe features are something to write about, as well. This machine is small and is only about an inch thick. That didn’t stop them from outfitting the Sony VAIO TZ150N with a DVD burner, though. This extra feature allows me the freedom to copy video files without having to leave the house. The computer also features an enhanced sound system, which makes movie watching an absolute pleasure. Before I purchased the machine, I read some reviews that were critical of the computer’s screen. I have had no such problems, though, and still find the screen to be both functional and good looking. .


I was particularly concerned with getting a computer that had flat keys. The keyboard is much like many Apple computers, in that the keys are evenly spaced out and the keys are not raised. This makes typing much easier and allows me to complete papers and other assignments without too much trouble. In addition to that, the touchpad is highly functional and quite easy to use. I have long been a fan of the button on IBM computers, but this new touchpad has opened my eyes to a new way of doing things. .


All in all, the price of this computer is fairly high compared to many other computers, but is somewhat low on the Sony scale of things. It checks in at just under $2,300, though I managed to get mine on sale. It comes with a standard one year warranty, but that can be extended to a two-year warrant for only $149. That is what I did and it makes me feel much better about my machine. .


The Sony VAIO TZ150N is the perfect computer for a person who cares about sleek design. It’s a thin, powerful laptop that packs a lot of punch. That, combined with the powerful battery, makes this computer a great buy. Because it’s so expensive, it’s definitely a good idea to go with the extended warranty, though.

No comments: